If you want to see the beautiful land of America, you can travel in a jet plane or by train. It takes you about five hours to fly over the continental United Sates from the east coast to the west coast; it takes more than two days to go by train from New York City to Los Angeles. As the highways and super-highways crisscross the country, it is better to make a trip in a car. But it is expensive to own a car in any U.S. city.
America Travel Guide
The most convenient public transportation of getting from place to place in a city is the bus. Passengers are required to have the exact change in hand as they board a bus - or you may buy "tokens" in advance. In some cities bus and subway tokens can be used interchangeably. However, bus fare depends upon distance; the farther you travel, the higher the fare.
Subways are by far the quickest way to move around a city. There are a few warnings that should be observed:
1. Save yourself trouble by buying tokens in quantity if you plan to use subways regularly.
2. Stand near the token booth or with a group of decent - looking people while waiting for a train.St Helena
3. Choose to sit in cars where there are other America Travel Guide people rather than empty ones.
4. Try to avoid rush hours if you can.
5. Hold your purse firmly and consciously - don't let it dangle. Men should carry wallets in inside not hip pockets.
More Travel Guides